Monday, October 27, 2008

Oh Baby!

Oh what fun! I travelled home to Iowa this weekend to see the new additions in that neck of the woods! First, Mr. Carter Robert Roseman was born September 7 and then, Miss McCartney Nicole Low, born on October 18. I chose to go home by myself as Bryon wanted to get some things done around the house, including staining our deck. It looks great. Anyhow, I ventured over to Aimee and Darren's and we spent the afternoon playing with the babies. By looking at them you couldn't possibly believe that Carter is only 6 weeks older than little McCartney. He is a big guy! I think he's going to be a linebacker. However, I have no idea where he gets his size from... not his parents! Both babies are absolute joys! I am excited to spoil them and especially drive Aimee crazy with pink little clothes. She isn't much of a girly girl, but if Auntie Trish can help - McCartney will be. I told her I couldn't wait to buy her those cute little tights with the ruffle on the butt! How adorable are those?!!? YEA. Can't wait. Darren offered up for Aimee to join Lori and I out for a bit. After having a wonderful dinner with my parents, I met Lori, Aimee and Tiffany out. We had a great time chatting about all sorts of interesting things. Think -- two childless women and the childbirth discussion (with details)! HA HA! It was wonderful to have them all around. Yesterday, we visited with some of my parents old friends in the morning and then mom and I went out for lunch (Taco Bar at Ganzo's of course) and to the mall for awhile before I had to get back on the road. Luckily for me the wind calmed down a bit before I got on the road, but not before Bryon had been blown OFF of a ladder at the house!!!! Luckily, he is cat-like and landed on his feet. I'm still waiting for the aches to set in. 15 ft!! That's FAR. I don't like him doing that sort of thing when he is alone, but he is a man so he probably forgot.
All-in-all the weekend was fantastic. Finished it up with my favorite show True Blood and fell asleep on the couch. Maybe that is why this morning I couldn't understand why it was light outside when I woke up. OOPS. My alarm "fell back" and I didn't even notice. It is automatic so when I thought I was getting up EARLY at 615 - it was actually 715--- YIKES! I felt bad for Bryon though when I had just told him he could sleep for another hour... then I come back and say nevermind -- GET UP! Typical Monday eh? Better this week than last, as I head off with Mom to NYC on Thursday!!!
Miss McCartney
Lori/McCartney, Me, Aimee/Carter
He's taking her to the prom in a few years no doubt!

Carter Robert
Momma's first drink - and she chose Smithwick's.
Thank God Tif didn't order it and say it wrong!

Tif & Trish - as Lori said - "You can't imagine one without the other"
Aimee Sue and Lori Lou



No comments: