Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Blogworthy?!

All right time to update the blog…

What’s been happening in Crowleyland? Lots… Blogworthy? Dunno… but here goes.

Two weekends ago we hosted a bunch of Bryon’s family up at the lake for the weekend. It was a bit nutso, but what can you do? It was a gorgeous weekend and we golfed Sunday afternoon. We’ve figured out that this is a nice way to relax and unwind after guests depart before it’s back to the grind on Monday. We also are loving the opportunity to go on after work boat rides when the lake is free of tourists – no offense!

Last weekend we trekked to Iowa for Bryon’s very first Mississippi Valley Fair. Unfortunately, there were loads of thunderstorms on Friday and the fair was MUDDY and dead. We did however get to catch up with a few old friends and Bryon got to down lots of fair food favorites. I stuck with the drinking and chatting… I was looking forward to trying a fried snickers, however, just as we approached the booth they closed down. I guess that is a reason to go back next year. Who am I kidding? Like I won’t be there? When was the last time I missed the fair???? On Saturday, we had lunch at Bryon’s all time favorite, Mongolian Grill. Mom told the noodle-cookers that we had come all the way from Chicago to gorge on their yumminess and they did some super-duper food flippin’ just to show their excitement! Saturday we went to my mom’s good friend, Debi’s son’s wedding. It was ummm… HOT. The ceremony was outdoors at Vandeveer and was a tad sticky. The reception thankfully was air-conditioned and we proceeded to have a good ol’ time. Nothing like a bunch of draft beer, good friends (and some crazy ones – good lord!), rice krispie “cake” and lots of dancing with my favorite dance partner Tina! We had a great time! Sunday we hung out and ate again too much at Ganzo’s taco bar and had Whitey’s on the way out of town. And I wonder why I need a girdle??? WTH!

This week we have some excitement going on. I’m hosting a jewelry party tonight and my girlfriends will assist me in loading up on all sorts of gorgeousness! Thanks ladies!
Friday night, we are headed to see ACDC! For those about to ROCK – yea… that’s us!
Then Saturday morning back up WI way, to host folks from back home. Rob, Lori, Darren, Aimee, McCartney and Tif. Should be good times! (As usual). Hopefully I will have some pictures for next week as I completely forgot to take out the camera last weekend. OOPS. So unlike me!

Until next time… XOXOXO

1 comment:

CourtneeCee said...

I'm completely at a loss as to how anyone could possibly resist a 'good day matey.' So jaunty!