Sunday, May 22, 2011

Introducing Molly Ann Crowley

Ms. Molly decided to make her debut fashionably early! Although we were scheduled to have a c-section this coming Thursday, May 26th, she decided she didn't want to share her birthday with Mommy, but rather have her own (well and share with a couple of my friends as well)!

My water broke at about 1:30 this afternoon. I called Bryon to get him home and headed to the hospital. I was skeptical that it was really my water breaking but sure enough they admitted me and got everything rolling. They did an ultrasound right away to make sure she was still in a breech presentation. Of course...she was. I was prepped for surgery and they commented as they were getting her out that she was tangled in her cord. I wonder if that is why she couldn't turn in the first place. Anyway, she was officially brought into the world at 4:50 pm and weighed in less than expected at 7 lbs. 5 oz and was 19 inches long. Of course, she is absolutely perfect in everyway from her health to her beautiful face. We are extremely blessed.

We got settled and even had some guests. She is taking to nursing pretty well and she is a good sleeper so far! Too bad mommy is not~ Thanks to the morphine they gave me, I itch ALL over, making it very hard to catch some zzzzs. Oh well... I'm likely too excited to sleep anyway!


Isn't she lovely??



1 comment:

erin meschke said...

she's so beautiful, trish! too bad for the itching...hopefully that goes away soon. my sister had the same thing with both of her kids (both c-sections). i was always too excited to sleep for the first day. ENJOY!! wish i was there to see molly in person. :)