Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend recap:
Ok...it's taken me a few days...
Bry and I had Good Friday off of course and we headed down to Iowa. We visited with my cousins Jen and Julie first which was great as we haven't seen them in ages. Then we went out to Parkview to wish our friend Travis a Happy Birthday, then to Buffalo to visit with old friends. The Young family was throwing a shindig and since I've been friends with them pretty much as long as I can remember...it was great to hang out and visit. It's weird how fast time flies and sometimes how it doesn't seem like you skip a beat. I also ran into Heather that I went to grade school with. Cousins Kevin and Steph also came out to visit. Always a good time!
Jason and I
Steph, Dad, Mom...we had to position him in the middle to prevent fighting.

Cousin Kev and Bry


Heather and I (friends since 1st grade!)
Saturday, Bryon, Dad and Darren went golfing while mom and I went to a funeral, met Aimee and McCartney at Mongolian Grill (YUM!!), toured Aimee's new boutique, ran a few errands, and stopped by Rob and Lori's new house. Sheesh. We were worn out. For all of you QC folk, you MUST stop by Aimee's new boutique, Mint Green, in the village of East Davenport. She opens this weekend and she is selling gently used designer apparel. Her place is so fabulous! I can't wait to go back!!! Saturday night we went to Texas Roadhouse. Holy moly that was good! And cheap!!! We loved it...but we stuffed ourselves and we couldn't function afterwards. Unfortunately, we missed our date with Tif. Dang it... next time.
McCartney loves Mom
Mint Green Boutique
On Sunday we celebrated Easter over a span of 12 hours beginning with brunch at Mom's at 10. We had an abundant amount of grub as usual and we of course left stuffed. All the family was there including both of my sisters, their husbands, children and even two significant others! It was great to see everyone and we enjoyed reminiscing (my nephew, Max, loves the stories!) Max and Jack also enjoyed the Easter Egg Hunt and practicing some baseball in Grandma and Grandpa's front yard. We were able to take some great family shots. We have to remember to always do that!

YUM
Jack finds a $5 egg!

Jack needs some height, Alex has plenty!

Jack reaches in

OOPS. The egg fell down the hole!

Grandkids

All in the family

This reminded me of Prom.

The boys playing ball
We headed out from Davenport about 2 arriving at the Crowleys at 5. We had another incredible meal (dinner) of ham and more cheesy potatoes, etc. YUMMY again! Of course it was fun to see everyone there as well and hang out with the kids. We ended up leaving there about 10, so it was a long day!!! But well worth it!

Uncle Bryon and Nolan

He makes him giggle.

Teri and baby

Big brother Tyler playing with the baby
I took Bryon to the airport this morning about 4:30... he's off to get in one last ski weekend in Vail! Obviously he's stoked. I am going to stay back and work of course. ;) But this weekend I will get some things done around the house and hopefully watch some girl tv that I never see when Bry is around! I'm helping my other friend who is opening a boutique as well, Emily, also. Always busy. I am looking forward to the warm weather hanging around for a lot longer and looking forward to really warm weather on our getaway back to Mexico over Memorial Weekend. Until then... I hope the sun just keeps shining!!!
T


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Mike Strybel and I just found this blog. I have been living with Jen and our kids in the Philippines for the past 4 years. My email is kasey1907@aol.com.

I want to hear from you and know more about Trish! I simply couldn't be happier to see your big head on my computer screen.

Go Cubs!

Mike