Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pompous Ass Ruined my Lunch


When it comes to pet peeves I have two that are near the top of the list. 1) People that think they are the most important person in the world. You know – the one that you want to say “Who the Hell do you think you are?” and 2) People walking around public places talking needlessly on cell phones especially when they have a stupid ear piece in.

If you know me, you know that I am a bit of a book nerd. I love to read. I read every day. It doesn’t matter if the material is scholarly or not, I do it because I enjoy it. I usually read at lunch. Sometimes, I go out to lunch alone and read.

So this gives you enough background so I can tell you the how these two things about me apply to this blog.

Today was a beautiful day outside, so I figured what the hay – I’ll walk over to Subway and read at lunch. Fantastic. Little things make me happy (including the dinner my hubby made last night and the flowers he gave me...even though he was buttering me up to give him a ride to the airport at 4am but it’s all good). I got off track sorry. I go to this little Subway in particular because they put in soft seating last year, the owner is always so very pleasant and the guy making my sandwich pretty much knows by heart what to put on it. So today I walk in expecting my typical enjoyable experience. I notice this guy right when I walk in that looks like he’s talking to himself. Oh of course... he’s talking on his phone – how could I not have known? Oh yea, because I can’t see the phone! I’m already annoyed. Don’t get me wrong, if my phone rings I may answer it, but I will guarantee you that I will be calling someone back in a few minutes when I leave. I don’t care if someone is on the phone because they are asking their spouse if they need anything from the store, but if you meander around the entire store and I turn around 7 times because I keep thinking you are speaking to me – I do. Or how about when you try to speak to someone and they give YOU a nasty glare because you should have known they were on their stupid little ear thing?! Yea... that’s what annoys me. Anyhoo... I order my sandwich and sit in my favorite soft chair. I proceed to eat my lunch and break out my book. I notice that the guy feels it necessary to pace back and forth now why he is talking. He’s pacing the length of the restaurant, passing by everyone who is in there either chatting with their lunch date or reading like myself. I’m thinking to myself – “how rude is this guy? and maybe jackass just got a headset and feels cool now”. But I try to ignore it. I finish my sandwich and am about to dive deep into my book, only to realize this guy is continually getting louder and walking faster back and forth past my seat. I look up with probably a look of disgust, but it doesn’t phase him. Then I notice that he IS a total douche. He is short and bald which would be fine on its own, but he is wearing what looks to be a Member’s Only jacket from the 80’s, that ugly as hell “blue” color Lee jeans and you aren’t going to believe this --- velcro tennis shoes. WTF? Seriously? And THIS is the guy who thinks that he is more important than everyone in this restaurant that he MUST be on his phone and disrupt everyone else? Just as I am thinking this – miraculously he says “ok, I’ll talk to you later”. Thank the Lord! I can now read in peace. I turn back to my book and again get ready to dive in. Then, I realize he is still pacing. I look up just as he begins ANOTHER conversation. You have to be effing kidding me! Does this guy think that this Subway is his own personal office! WTF!?!?!?!? I try to let it roll off because I really want to enjoy my book. So I turn back to my book and begin for about the 4th time. After about 5 minutes of pretty much going over the same three paragraphs because I can’t concentrate with the loud-ass jag bag not only disturbing me with his voice, but also with the drag of his dumbass velcro shoes on the floor as he must pass my seat 30 times, I’ve had it. I pack it up and think “Fine instead of wasting the 2nd half of my lunch, I’ll just go back blog about this moron.” Really... WTF are people thinking sometimes?! How could you NOT think that is rude as HELL?! And if you don’t think this – who the Hell do you think you are that your conversation is more important than my lunch --- especially when you are decked out in something that may have been cool when I was 4!!!! I got up, glared right at him and walked out. I was going to say something – but I couldn’t get a word in.

On a more positive note: I have better things to blog about. We had a wonderful weekend back home over Easter and we are super excited for Aimee’s new boutique, Mint Green to open this weekend in the Village of East Davenport. I’ll try to chat more on that tonight. I’ve got pictures to upload.

Now I feel better that I got that off my chest.
T

1 comment:

Ann said...

Why is it whenever I plan to read or do "homework" over lunch, I am totallllllllly distracted???