Thursday, April 2, 2009

So I've Been a Bad Blogger....

I was actually waiting to see if anyone noticed. It seems like I keep up with everyone pretty well on Facebook, although the stories aren’t quite as elaborate. But today, Ms. Carrie gave me a wall posting scolding me on my month-long hiatus. My bad...but glad to know people are checking up on us!

Let’s see... leaving off from last time. This month has gone by pretty quickly. Our friends Aimee and Darren came up to the lakehouse with their adorable baby girl McCartney. She is such a wonderful baby and we had a great time just hanging out visiting and playing with her. Aimee is opening a boutique very shorty and we are SO proud and excited for her! Can't wait!



I went back home to Iowa for Davenport’s St. Patrick’s Day and had a BLAST. Tiffany joined me and my parents for the 12 hours of celebrating my heritage with thousands of other folks. My cousins saved us a rockin’ parade watching spot. My little cousin Melanie seemed to catch more beads than a drunken 19 year old on Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras I swear! After the parade, we headed down to meet our pals Tori and Travis and got stopped probably a dozen times on the way. My father (my hot father as most of you know) actually got assaulted on the way down by some lady already hammered that mustn’t have seen my mom standing there. She’s damn lucky my mom is a classy lady. I would have thrown down! Probably not, but it was totally weird and we were all in shock. Then as we are trying to push through the crowd, I hear my name called. Someone with a green colored bob and softball sized shamrock sunglasses is hollering at me. Oh wait – that’s my old buddy Luke. Sheesh. Ok about 9 more stops and we finally reach our friends. My point is – go anywhere with my parents and I – and plan to get royally annoyed by all the people we know! It’s all good and I love seeing everyone and catching up. I even ran into Ann whose blogging skills I envy. Unfortunately, I meant to catch up with her again on the dance floor, but didn’t seem to make it back around. I was too busy laughing w/my cousin and my ridiculously hammered EX brother-in-law. (laughing AT-- I mean) Anyway... I had a great time – and even though Chi-town is known for its great St. Paddy’s Day celebrations... I’ll take my neck of the woods any day! (PS – Bryon stayed home to work on the house. I’ll tell ya – an Irish boy passing up green beer on St. Pat’s Day??? He’s got some work ethic. Boo.)

This is what he was doing at home though!!


Speaking of working on the house... that is what also has been consuming our time. Mostly Bryon’s – but I help when I can. Of course, SOMEONE has to work you see! We’ve been finishing our basement (from new ceiling to new floor to new BAR – everything) as well as re-doing the upstairs bathroom, bedroom and hallway. This doesn’t seem like all that much., but it IS and it takes forever! Bryon typically works about 12 hours a day on it and then I help on the weekends – unless I am drinking in Davenport. Anyway, it is looking good and I can’t wait to have it all done and completed by the time the weather really starts getting nice. We need to have a garage sale – oh wait – have you SEEN my garage?! Yea – ok.
A couple of weeks ago, one of my best friends from high school, Heather, came in town. She came along with her hubby who was having meetings downtown and her adorable daughter, Kierlan. I went down on a Sunday afternoon and gave her a little tour of the Michigan Avenue/Millennium Park area. It’s crazy that we haven’t seen each other in a couple years and we just start up like we saw each other the day before. We had a great time and a great lunch at the Grande Lux Cafe. YUM!

Last weekend, we watched Bryon’s (well our) nephews, Ryan, Tyler and Charlie. I’m a good Auntie and had all sorts of projects for them to complete. I was surprised that this kept them entertained for HOURS. We made Easter cards for everyone, made silly masks and picture frames and they were SO stoked that they got to PAINT! I’m very trusting I know... but with a cover over the table and my explanation of why we needed to keep the paint on the brush seemed to work pretty well. Of course the wrath of Uncle Bryon can be pretty intimidating as well! Not that he has to use it! We took them to McDonald’s which they seldom get to do, which happened to have a playland as well. OOPS. Unfortunately, NOT being parents we forget that there is a reason they probably don’t get to go to playland very often. Three days later they were all puking. We can’t help but believe this was our fault for taking them to the germ-infested funland. Sorry Teri!!! We meant well!



Nothing too exciting has been going on. I go to the gym after work nearly every day, typically getting home between 7 and 8. Bryon is typically just finishing working (on the house) and we have a quick dinner do a few things and go to bed. Boring right? UGH. Bryon has also been speaking to some headhunters regarding the real job search. It’s slow-going for the time being, but we are praying something turns up soon. On the weekends we work on the house. Bryon is hoping once he is finished, we can take another quick trip somewhere (ha – we ARE going to Iowa for Easter). Of course – I mean somewhere much warmer! So, I will just patiently await that and TRY to be a better blogger. :)

XOXO

T

3 comments:

Ann said...

Hi lovely! So yes you've been a bad blogger (I've been checkin') but you certainly make up for lost time!! What a great post!

Too bad about the job but I'm sure he'll find something again soon :)

Jealous jealous jealous of your muy awesomeo tripo. Love the pics!!!

Basement looks nice :)

MOM Stewart said...

Bout time!! Wish I could write like you............good job!!

Carrie-Area Director said...

I'm so glad you updated! I am a blog reading junky! I love FB however I don't tend to get nearly the info or pics and sometimes I just don't have time because there are SO MANY PEOPLE on FB! I like blogs better! Anyway, glad to hear things are wonderful and you are staying happy and busy! Keep on blogg'n!