Sunday, January 4, 2009

No I've Never Felt This Way Before....


Yes I swear...it's the truuuuuth.... and I owe it all to my husband! For buying me and my "date" Tiffany Dirty Dancing tickets. I know right - so very cheesy, but so was the movie. And I loved every minute of it in 1987 and I still do when it happens to be on TBS. Deal with it.
The show was amazing, taken into consideration the above thoughts. It followed the movie very closely and although Broadway critics would therefore criticize this, fans would absolutely love it!!! The set was incredible! I can't believe all of the props they had for the various scenes. Imagine... a show on stage and they can DO the practice lifts in the water. You'll have to see it to know what I mean!!
"Johnny" did dance and appear just like my other husband Patrick Swayze, however, his accent just didn't work. He was constantly trying to supress his English accent and ended up sounding Irish. Now I LOVE ME SOME Irish... but not Johnny Castle O'Connor. WTF? Because of the strange voice, some of lines seemed to have the incorrect emphasis on words. It just seemed weird. Oh well... he was great to look at. "Baby" was great... funny, dorky and just perfect as in the movie. The sister "Lisa" was hysterical in the show - better than the movie. I laughed out loud more than once.
The surprise of the show was not the reenactment of the movie or the phenomenal dancing - "Penny" was smoking hot and had the legs of a gazelle - it was the singing and on stage musicans. In Act 2, Cousin Billy and some random ensemble player belted out "You Don't Own Me" then he sang an incredible rendition of "In the Still of the Night" AND then they blew "I've Had the Time of My Life" out of the water. I couldn't decide what was more worth watching - the dancing or the signing! I would have liked to see more of the singing! All it all - we had a FANTASTIC time. What kind of dork actually starts to tear up when they start singing - "Now I've had the time of my life....."? Yea. Me. LOSER! :) Thanks Tif for driving to join me... Bryon is I'm sure so NOT sad he missed it.


Oh yes... and we also went to dinner at Rosebud beforehand. Tif had the Baked Ziti and I had the Chicken Vesuvio! SO YUM!

I don't think my meal could have been bigger??!?

Today I took down Christmas decorations and got one helluva massage. Now...it's time to go to bed as I must get up for work tomorrow. RATS. Not looking forward to that.

Lotso love,

BNT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, I would of been right there with you sister......with a tissue box, I get teary eyed watching it on tv I can only imagine in "real life".... thanks for the blog!! Great pictures as usual too!!
Love Ya!