Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ugh.

This weekend was pretty uneventful due to a couple of reasons: we had a hello of a week at work this week and were not really "in the mood" and also the incremental weather that I am absolutely OVER. This past week I returned to work although it seems like it was a month ago.


We found out on Tuesday that our boss was pursuing other opportunities. Unfortunately, he didn't know he was doing so. Our entire office is very angry and upset, especially the two of us. I'm not sure what how announcement is actually going to affect us, but it will big time. Friday night we both worked until about 7 pm and were completely mentally exhausted, so we drove to our favorite $2 movie theater to see Role Models. Oh my god - it was hysterical!!! We laughed our asses off! It was just what we needed!


Saturday, Bryon got up and headed into work (year-end) and I headed to the gym. Thank god he had made a couple of passes with the Excursion down the driveway so I could get out. We got 12 inches of snow! After working my butt off at the gym and running a couple of errands I came home only to get my car stuck in the driveway. We had just determined our snowblower was broken - so I broke out the shovel. After I shoveled out the end of the driveway THREE times thanks to the snowplow, (Yes mister, if I am standing at the end of the driveway with my shovel and you KNOW I just cleaned up your last mess - do you think you could pick up your blade!?!?! @$$) I continued to work on the rest of the driveway. By the time Bryon finally got home from work to takeover, I had already shoveled 175 feet. Yea. OW. So basically I worked out for about 4 hours on Saturday... 2 1/2 of them I hadn't planned on!


This is my car...and about 1/3 of our driveway.



Finally after this, we headed to our friend Chris and Julie's daughter, Maria's, birthday skating party. It was really cool that they rented out the entire rink and had lots of food and fantastic cake from Costco. I think the last time I had been in a rink I was about 12!! We did indeed strap on skates - although I don't have a picture to prove it unfortunately.




Bryon and the birthday girl!



The Birthday Girl took a picture of us too!


Today, I cleaned out a good majority of our basement. I guess I was on a roll, as I cleaned the entire upstairs as well. We took time out for lunch at Mr. Allison's - our favorite breakfast place, but by the time we got there it was way too late for lunch!! The most important feat of the day - we have a working snowblower in our garage just in time for the next foot of snow that is well on its way already. I hope something happens very soon to improve our excitement about going back to work tomorrow and the upcoming snow... as of right now... so not looking forward to the week!



I need a pep-up!
T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute boots!!!

Tony, Jen, Taylor and Kaylee said...

I agree with your Mom...VERY cute boots! FYI...I am a huge fan of Dirty Dancing too!!! I can't even tell you the number of times I have seen that movie. Gotta love Patrick!!!