Monday, July 14, 2008

"It's a Small World After All..."

Well... I am definately my father's daughter... I remember when I was a child no matter where we were vacationing my father would always run into someone he knew.

WELL...last night we went into town for the Kilarney Summerfest. We went to Murphy's to look for Ginny's kin (by drinking anyway) -- Mr. Morrison. We did not find him, however we ventured down the street to listen to an amazing band -- The Kings of Kilarney. After a few pints, I look over and I see a gentleman that looks awfully familar, but at first I cannot place him. The I realize that he is somehow tied to Risk Management and Lane. I get the nerve to approach him to ask him if he is from the states... which he says he is.. and even the Chicago area. (He is looking puzzled at this point) when I ask him if his name is Andy! He works for the company that manages our Captive and I have met him numerous times at our meetings! As we realize this and I am flabbergasted another gentleman walks up and says -- "Hey you are from Arlington Heights!" Low and behold I had taken he and his wife's picture earlier in the day on the Beara Pennisula. We ended up chatting for some time after that... and I am still amazed. Weird.

No comments: