Thursday, December 18, 2008

I don't wanna work... I just want to bang on my drums the rest of the year...

Yes... I’m all over the flu and I finally have stopped having the occasional tummy pains. And NO... unless half of my office is as well – I am NOT pregnant. Allright – now that is out of the way.... it’s been a busy week and a half.

Bryon had a great time on his boy’s ski trip. It snowed LOADS!! Of course I am positive he missed me tons! He came back home on Tuesday and even brought me a prize – good hubby!
While he was away, I ventured down to Iowa as my forever friend Sara was in town to surprise her Gram. Sara and I have been friends since we were 4 and you can basically say she is my sista from anotha motha! Doesn’t really work for sister does it? Anyway, it was funny to go to her Grandma’s birthday party and have her friends remember me as a child as Sara and I were inseparable!!


Saturday, mom and I ventured out to do some shopping and got to stop by to see McCartney. Is she not the cutest baby EVER? She has grown so much since I had seen her when she was a week old and boy does she look like her momma! Oh yea... and I got me some Taco Pizza. WOO WOO.

Saturday night a bunch of us met up for beers. We had invited our old friend Travis (since we were wee little ones) out with his wife Tori. We had a ball reminiscing and saying “remember when”. Tiffany would hate that. I know... I know... We ended up closing down Frackies and somehow Sara and Greg came back to Mom and Dad’s. We were having a blast talking about all kinds of things when we realized it was 5 AM!!!!! Sara and Greg’s son will be waking up in only a couple of hours!!!! OUCH! I at least got to get plenty of sleep – but still – we’re too old for that! I got on the road just in the nick of time on Sunday to miss the sleet storm heading in and made it home safe and sound.

This week is my last week of work until 2009. Again – WOO WOO! Unfortunately because of the possible threat of incremental weather and a couple of your typical bitchers and moaners our Christmas Party for this afternoon was cancelled yesterday. So THANK YOU people for instead making us sit at work when it won’t start snowing until the rush hour we could have MISSED if we had had our party. Thanks... thanks so much. Stupid. I guess it’s obvious how I feel about that subject! Grr..

Anyway...I’m off until 1/5. We’ll be heading to Iowa for Christmas there from the 24th till at least the 26th. That’s all I got. Holla if you want to hang out. (or go see Dirty Dancing – ANN!)

PS – As of 8 PM last night my Christmas shopping is complete. And they are all wrapped and under the tree. Except one big one. ;) Not that my husband reads this anyway...

No comments: