Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Weekend Review: From Pizza to Purell

This weekend we trekked up to the Lake. We had the rare pleasure of hanging out with our buddy Jeff and his girl Jess. We met at Next Door Pub for some Za and brew. YUM on both accounts. Could it be any freaking colder though? Lord have mercy!

Saturday we had a fantastic day. We braved the cold to go do some shopping. No... not Christmas shopping - shopping for us. Not one Christmas present purchased this year so far, but we took advantage of sales for our benefit. YEA! We got some more decor for the lakehouse. Instead of decorating for Christmas, we decorate for Winter instead. Everything in the house is Winter themed - blue, white, silver, etc. So we put up our NINE foot tree and watched Christmas movies as we did it. One thing funny about my hubby is that he LOVES Bing Crosby. No matter what, for the next 50 years... this is what I'll be watching this time of year. But he did allow us to sit down and watch Love Actually a bit later. Love it! So sweet. Here is the finished tree:


Caution: This rest of this post is not for the faint of heart.

After a very enjoyable Saturday... I had the worst Sunday I can ever remember. EVER.

Bry and I went to bed about 1am on Sunday after finishing our gorgeous decor. About 2:30 I wake up and realize I am sort of uncomfortable. I quickly get annoyed as it seems like every time I have the opportunity to sleep in my “best bed ever” I can’t seem to. Then I realize I am not just uncomfortable – but I am actually in pain. My stomach really hurts. Weird. Okay. So I just lie there for a bit. Then I have these sudden rampant thoughts – “Oh my god. Am I going to throw up? Seriously? No this can’t possibly be. I haven’t been sick since at least junior high. No way.” Only to get to the bathroom in time to let it out. WTF is what I am thinking. Then I think maybe I just had something bad to eat. I’m still feeling like this can’t be happening. I brush my teeth, go to the kitchen for some water and see the clock says 3:11. I figure I’ll just go back to bed because now I am feeling better. Bryon wakes up a bit as I climb in and asks – “Babe are you okay”? I answer – “I’m not sure.” So, I go back to sleep only to wake up suddenly with the same – you have GOT to be kidding me – thoughts and quickly race to the bathroom to get rid of some additional pizza from the previous evening. Brush my teeth again, go grab water and note the time of 4:12. Crawl back into bed and realize that now I cannot sleep and damn my stomach hurts. Most likely an hour later I am back in the bathroom. This time I really start to get frustrated as there really isn’t anything left to get rid of and now it freaking hurts like hell. I can hear Bryon calling from the bedroom to ask if I am okay. He has a very weak stomach – but does he seriously expect me to answer in between wretches? This takes place 2 more times. I finally end up just lying on the bathroom floor just because it feels so cool against my face. Bryon finally gets up the nerve to come in to find me lying on the floor. Not thinking him trying to pick me up to put me back in bed right now is a good idea!! AAAAGGH!

To make a VERY long story short, I was miserable all damn day. I finally was able to fall back asleep around NOON. Yes that is right – noon. I was in such pain from heaving all damn morning that my back and head were pounding not to mention my stomach. My man – the best jello maker on the planet – fed me about this time and I was able to take some Ibuprofen with it. Then I finally passed out for a couple hours. Woke up again, passed out again and repeated again. I felt better this morning even though I was still incredibly weak and just blah... but no puking so off to work I went only to find out my boss and my good friend are out with the stomach flu too. Gross. I hope no one else has to suffer this misery.

UPDATE: I still am not up to par. This blows. Bryon leaves for Vail today for his annual boys' ski trip and I can only hope that he doesn't end up with it. I'm just trying to make it through the day of work so I can take him to the airport. Word of advice - stock up on Purell people.



2 comments:

Lindsey said...

You poor thing! I hope you start to feel better soon! I can feel your pain...I had the stomach flu a couple days after Christmas 2 years ago WHILE I was pregnant. That was absolutely miserable. Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!

Ann said...

OMG! Are you okay!?? Maybe you are preggo!! :) Sorry, I had to say it. Of course everyone is thinking it!

I am cracking up at your picture of the bunny! I have the same feeling when I wake up in the middle of the night and try to ignore it. It's like, "Ok please go away." Throwing up (sober LOL) is the absolute worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's wonderfully gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'd still rather of the flu than the shot. What do you think?? Do tell so I can plan for next year. :)

Happy recovery!
Ann