Monday, December 1, 2008

Keeping up with the Crowleys

It has been forever since I have posted, but I have been inspired by my friend Ann's new blog. She is just so clever! It seems that if we are not travelling around that our life just really isn't that interesting!
Anyway, we have spent most of November in our basement. We have ripped up the tile, laid new, painted and reorganized everything. Bryon did a lot of the hard labor and definately deserves back rubs for all of his hard work. We also got a new fridge and large freezer which thrills me! We now have room for more food and drink! We were very busy trying to finish up before we hosted Thanksgiving. And we finished...the morning of. Our very first Turkey Day turned out wonderfully. Bryon did the majority of the cooking, although I did do some. I focused more on the presentation! My tables looked great! More than anything I was so very happy to give my mom a break after 33 years! Can you believe that? She has had to host Thanksgiving longer than I have been alive. Nuts. Mom & Dad Crowley, Kevin & Bern, Teri and all the kids were our guests in addition to my parents. It was a busy day, but we are very pleased that everyone enjoyed it. We were exhausted by 10 PM. We were actually exhausted for a couple days.
Friday night we hosted a little party for some of our pals in the city. It was great to catch up and see friends before the busy holiday season. We were happy all of our pals are well and we enjoyed the night out. I, however, realize that it takes me longer to recover from a night out. Ouch. Saturday, Bryon went out to do some shopping, while I continued to recover. That will teach me a lesson - he came home with a new flat panel TV for our bedroom. It's gi-normous in comparison to the one we had in there. He is so stoked and can not wait until we get AT&T's new U-Verse hooked up later this week. He can record up to 4 shows at once and record on one TV and watch on another! It is cool - however, the last thing I need to do is spend more time watching TV! It just being Winter provides enough lack of motivation itself. Saturday night we went on a movie date. We saw the new Bond movie - eh. Stupid plot. Then, we snuck into see Madagascar! It was awesome and we were so sneaky! It was exhilarating! Actually, it was very easy as there was no one even in the hall we were in. Compared to the week before when the same hall was packed with 100 screaming teenage girls when we went to Twilight on opening night! Sunday was a nice day of finishing up around the house and preparing for the week. I was planning on getting the Christmas decor up, but that didn't happen. Bryon DID bring up the tree tonight and set it up. I'm procrastinating. A portion of one strand of lights is out and I have checked every bulb!!!!!!!!! UGH. I'll get it done though. Hopefully I will have motivation after the gym tomorrow. I can't WAIT to get to the gym. I feel terrible after all the fun and food from last week.
Now we turn toward the Christmas holiday season. I am looking forward to time off. Bryon is taking a week off next week for his annual boys' ski trip to Vail. We have cut back substantially on our Christmas gift list this year and so I am very much hoping to enjoy a much less stressful season. As we should all do and enjoy the real meaning of Christmas. Ok. Bryon is telling me I have been typing too long. I guess I'm done for now. :)

1 comment:

Ann said...

Hey lovely lady!! As a Chicagoan, with access to literally every store you could possible dream of, do you have your Christmas shopping done? :) I would be so distracted by all the cool stores!

I'm just getting around to setting up our tree tonight :( I'm such a procrastinator!!

Lotsa Xmas love,
Ann :)